RamRod
Well-Known Member
- Messages
- 3,914
- Location
- AB, Canada
I am in desperate need of a new set of tires, I know this was coming and as some of you know I have pick up some 16" Hutchinson Beadlocks to replace my 20" Ultra Goliath rims.
I just can't make up my mind on what size of tire I should run and would love to heart others input on the two sizes I am fighting with.
385/70r16's (37.5x14.5)
Or
315/75r16's (34.5x12.5)
I currently have 37's mounted and have the speedo adjusted to it, either option I would have to re calibrate.
What I am most concerned about running 385's is that they are 14.5" wide and the rim is only 7.25".... Since it's a double beadlock I guess that's not as bad but I still feel like this could cause issues on the highway or while aired down... All speculation but I'd hate to spend $1,600 on a new set of tires and have a $h!tty ride!
I really like the number of tire options that are available for the 315's and depending on the tire I choose from in this size there is a savings of anywhere from $30-150/tire.
I feel that even though I would loose some advantage of keeping the bigger tire the Beadlocks offset it.... But then again if I keep the larger size tire and run Beadlocks I am at an advantage compared to before...
I am tempted to just pick up a used set of 315's from Craig's list to see what the compromise truly ends up being and if it's something I am willing to live with....
Plus I do t want to look like I skipped leg day!!
Any other thoughts?
Sent from handheld smoke signal device
I just can't make up my mind on what size of tire I should run and would love to heart others input on the two sizes I am fighting with.
385/70r16's (37.5x14.5)
Or
315/75r16's (34.5x12.5)
I currently have 37's mounted and have the speedo adjusted to it, either option I would have to re calibrate.
What I am most concerned about running 385's is that they are 14.5" wide and the rim is only 7.25".... Since it's a double beadlock I guess that's not as bad but I still feel like this could cause issues on the highway or while aired down... All speculation but I'd hate to spend $1,600 on a new set of tires and have a $h!tty ride!
I really like the number of tire options that are available for the 315's and depending on the tire I choose from in this size there is a savings of anywhere from $30-150/tire.
I feel that even though I would loose some advantage of keeping the bigger tire the Beadlocks offset it.... But then again if I keep the larger size tire and run Beadlocks I am at an advantage compared to before...
I am tempted to just pick up a used set of 315's from Craig's list to see what the compromise truly ends up being and if it's something I am willing to live with....
Plus I do t want to look like I skipped leg day!!
Any other thoughts?
Sent from handheld smoke signal device