• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Recent content by okcrewed

  1. okcrewed

    2008 Alpha Low Grade Hum and Vibration

    My thinking, too. But two GM service centers found nothing. Hum and vibration don't change much, if at all, with speed or rpms.
  2. okcrewed

    2008 Alpha Low Grade Hum and Vibration

    Well, it's a better guess than anything I've come up with! THX!
  3. okcrewed

    2008 Alpha Low Grade Hum and Vibration

    Getting used to the Alpha after a long relationship with a fine 2006 Luxury H3 5-cyl. PPI by an out-of-state GM facility found no issues, and actually raved about the good condition of the truck. But I noticed a very low grade hum and vibration that the 5-cyl H3 didn't make, and since I didn't...
  4. okcrewed

    Faded Paint on H3 Plastic Fenders

    All good input, much thanks! Four fenders = four potential test areas. I have a spray can of the correct paint, as well as base coat and clear coat. I'll give it a try and post results here.
  5. okcrewed

    Faded Paint on H3 Plastic Fenders

    I don't know, no experience here, but these faded surfaces don't appear to have any clear coat left. Can there still be clear coat over this faded paint, and if so, how do I know?
  6. okcrewed

    Faded Paint on H3 Plastic Fenders

    Just updated to a newer H3, a 2008 Alpha. It is orange, but the plastic parts (fenders, air ducts) are very faded on the flat surfaces. Question is, if I paint these myself, do I take it down to the plastic and start from there; or just prep the faded paint and spray over that? Had a paint...
  7. okcrewed

    H3 Alpha AC Fan blowing, no air at vents.

    Long story short, yesterday the AC was blowing cold, I switched AC off and blower kept blowing out the vents. Then I switched to heat (fan still blowing out the vents) and shut down the engine to go fishing. After I started back up, AC blows cool air but not much volume. Even at high speed...
  8. okcrewed

    Electrical Issues: Switch quits, clock resets

    So, it looks like one lead off the battery is loose and can't be tightened. Now, I'm looking to replace the two (apparently OEM) battery connectors with something that can be tightened down.
  9. okcrewed

    Electrical Issues: Switch quits, clock resets

    This is one of those weird ones to diagnose, and I can only guess it is a bad starter switch on the column. Every once in a while, not consistently, I insert the key, turn it and nothing happens. And the key can't be removed. After a while, sometimes after doing something as simple as...
  10. okcrewed

    2024 Black Sheep Week, Hurricane, UT - Mar 31-Apr 5

    Haven't been on the forum for quite some time, but it's been huge fun reading this thread on BSW. I live in St George, and though I have other commitments during BSW (!) if I can be of any assistance with "local information", just ask. Might be able to join ya'll the first few days.
Top