• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Accident bug bites again.

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,835
Location
Bellflower, CA
So last week a lady in a Ford Excursion decides to wander into my lane as she is crossing the street. She hits the right front side and by the damage to her Ford I fear the worst. He rear axle was under the back of the Excursion and the drive shaft was laying on the ground. I pull off the road and everything feels fine. The right front D ring caught her back rim and the 3 acted like an anchor. The tough as nails H3 has a busted grill, plastic bumper, and head light. Boy was I surprised.......how easily the Ford was damaged. So needless to say I am looking for a chrome grill and plastic bumper if anyone has a lead on one.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 20141013_132016 (1280x960).jpg
    20141013_132016 (1280x960).jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 451
  • 20141013_160707 (1280x960).jpg
    20141013_160707 (1280x960).jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 453
  • 20141013_134315 (1280x960).jpg
    20141013_134315 (1280x960).jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 421

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
I got the plastic fascia but, shipping is a deal-breaker. It only weighs ten pounds but, its way to big to ship via UPS. Ironically...I can ship an all-steel THORparts front bumper for much less than this plastic piece. I have several broken grilles...hard to find them used in one piece. You might be better off getting a new one via GM. These are very common parts and you should be able to find some used ones on fleabay or from one of the many online salvage dealers.
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,835
Location
Bellflower, CA
A few inches closer would have been BAD. Insurance is going to look at it this Friday. Last time with my Suburban they just cut me a check so I was able to save a few bucks buying parts and fixing it myself, hope they do that again.
4speed - California and insurance companies are idiots. Aftermarket bumpers are tricky, they have to be GM/NHSTA certified or I risk being sued for it if the bumper did not perform as designed from the original manufacture. BS legislation/politics/sue happy lawyers. The lady is already claiming injury even though it was her fault, go figure.
 

Highatop

Well-Known Member
Messages
600
Location
Florissant, Co.
Glad your ok and got away w/ little damage. I have mine fascia still from when I went w/ Thor bumper. I'm alittle closer then 4speed but, I'm not sure if that would help. If you want to look into it, I'm in Co. 80816. Good luck
 

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
Maybe it's open season on H3's?

I know a lawyer that was hit in his 3 day old Mercedes.
He sued for depreciation on his very new car plus damages.

You could claim rare, no longer manufactured, collectors vehicle status, lol

I'm going to drive my Ram truck for awhile.
 

High Five H2

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,627
Location
West Texas
i think i'll buy my brother's "rare" isuzu hombre. he'd take almost nothing for it. that way I wouldn't care if it got totaled. what fun is having a radical customized H3 if you can't drive it, though? it is a conundrum.
 

Pappibri

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,611
Location
Cohoctah, MI
Sorry too hear about your misfortune. Glad your okay. Yeah, my H3 got rear ended last night and the driver took off.... Waiting too hear from the insurance company now.. Good luck..
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,835
Location
Bellflower, CA
Geico did the inspection today at the shop, $3,800. Ouch. Right frame was moved 1/8 of an inch. But parts are $$$$, was able to find front fascia parts alot cheaper on Amazon. At least that will cover the deductible.
 
Top