• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Door rubbing fender?

rsm688

Well-Known Member
Messages
234
Location
mississippi
Okay guys I just realized that my driver door is rubbing against the back of the front fender a little bit below where the window/mirror is. It looks like the top door jam line is just a tiny bit narrower than the bottom. It's just rubbing enough to where it has rubbed the top layer of the paint off on the edge of the door in that spot. What is the best way to adjust this so it is not rubbing? I'm guessing it will be easier to adjust the door instead of the fender. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Spencer
 

derian06

Red Rockett
Messages
1,866
Location
Madison, AL
Okay guys I just realized that my driver door is rubbing against the back of the front fender a little bit below where the window/mirror is. It looks like the top door jam line is just a tiny bit narrower than the bottom. It's just rubbing enough to where it has rubbed the top layer of the paint off on the edge of the door in that spot. What is the best way to adjust this so it is not rubbing? I'm guessing it will be easier to adjust the door instead of the fender. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Spencer

Do you have a picture?
 

5gn-h3t

Well-Known Member
Messages
616
Location
Northeast Pennsyltucky
Did you just buy the H3 or did this happen while you have owned it? Depending on how they get hit, the front fenders can bend fairly easily. Assuming the door seams are good everywhere else, I'd go after the fender. Remove some plastic parts and there's a bolt at the bottom the fender just in front of the door. You should be able to manipulate the fender into place after loosening this bolt.
 

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
All you need is a flat head screwdriver and a towel. And basically use the screw driver to open/space the gap. I recommend doing this whoever u can since it can get worst as I had to learned the hard way.


Torres
 

rsm688

Well-Known Member
Messages
234
Location
mississippi
Luckily I have all the plastics off the vehicle now except the rockers and mirrors. The lower part of my fender is fine it's the upper part closer to the mirror/top of the front door jam that is my issue. Is there a bolt up top I could loosen to slide it fordward a millimeter or so?

Panzer, are you saying you just stuck a screwdriver in the gap and bent them apart? Did it damage your paint any?
 

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
That's exactly what I did, and I just wrapped the screw drive in a cloth towel so not to damage the paint...I did a little write about it I think it is in the "what have you done with your truck today" thread somewhere in there. Mine was pretty bad, the front little metal panel mine it was completely sunk in due to the door rubbing everytime I open it...but that's a whole different deal. Try the screw driver first and go aide to side.


Torres
 
Top