• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Email From Yesterday...Hmmm...-

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Got this email yesterday & it got me thinking about 60 & 100 round mags for my M4. :)

[h=2]SureFire 60 Round AR-15 Magazine – Range Report[/h] This is an official heads up from us and SureFire to all the readers of GunsAmerica Magazine & Blog. We had planned to get this review out next Monday but because of the impending election tomorrow, it is prudent that it goes out today. No matter who you are voting for and who is elected, there may be a run on high capacity magazines. There are plenty of 30 round AR-15 magazines around, but if you have been considering one of the new 60 round SureFire mags, they will most likely dry up pretty quick if there is a nationwide run on them. There is no magazine like the SureFire for the AR-15, and it comes in both 60 and 100 round varieties, but the 100 round has been sold out and backordered for months. As of today there are plenty of 60 round mags available, and though they are pricey, $129 each, compared to a 100 round Beta-C mag they are competitively affordable. After the nightmare of Hurricane Sandy, which is still going on in New York and New Jersey, every American should understand that they are not exempt from disaster and having to defend life and property. Sixty rounds of .223/5.56 with no mag change is a heck of a defense. If you can afford one and have been putting it off, now would be a good time to order the 60 round SureFire mag.(Click Here to Read More)




GunsAmerica
Where America Buys and Sells Guns.
http://www.gunsamerica.com

This is an official GunsAmerica Email Notification.

If you suspect phishing or fraud with any email related to GunsAmerica, please forward the email to CustomerService@GunsAmerica.com
You received this email because you are a member of GunsAmerica and you've chosen the option to receive email notifications.

How To Opt Out of Non-Essential Emails: Click here to opt out of these types of notifications.
9038E52E-1EB6-48C1-9766-49C99850ADED---c=20121105_Surefire---u=laoochoa%40hotmail.com.aspx


 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
Didn't know those existed. I do have a number of the Beta Mag dual drum 100 round mags for my black rifles and KAC-556F
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
The BetaMags aren't too bad. I originally got them for my M-16 but they work great with the ARs also. The drums feed alternately so the weapon stays balanced. I prefer the 30 round mags myself but if you are going to be dropping a lot of lead the higher capacity is nice.
 
Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
I like the 60 rd. mag - seems like a good compromise between the 30 rd. mags that I have and the 100 rd. version - but a step up from the 30 rd. mags.

Are these high cap mags legal in Cali.?
 

abearden

Well-Known Member
Messages
609
Location
N. Idaho
I've never seen anything more than a 30rd mag operate reliably. Would be interested to see if that were the case with these.

CA restricts the sale of any magazines greater than 10rd. Heck, you can't even put more than 10 linked rounds together without qualifying. That said, you can get repair kits for the older mags and 10/30 mags (30rd body, pinned to only accept 10 rds) are only a rivet-drill away from full capacity in case of emergency.
 

MSC

Well-Known Member
Messages
75
Location
Montgomery, TX
Not sure about jamming, I would think way too much spring differential pressure from first to last round...I'll stick my 30 round PMags, plus I can buy a lot of 30 round mags for about $14.00 ea.
I think that's what I last paid, it's been a while back. Thanks for the info anyway.
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
The moment I left Cali I stocked up on 30 round pmags. The day the 60 round mags came out I bought 4. It's much more compact than carrying coupled 30 round mags. I've used them extensively and they function flawlessly. The design is very ingenious and reliable. It has 3 springs that collapse into each other as you compress it. It has its place and use. One more tool for the tool box. The 100 rounders are a little too long for my taste. Last week in a training session, I burned through 500 rounds in two hours. All in semi auto practicing drills with pauses for critiques. If you practice anything other than target practice, you will go through ammo very fast. In a stress/combat situation it will be very similar, if you don't have the support of decent sized group with you.



Ex Umbris Venimus
 
Last edited:

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
If you practice anything other than target practice, you will go through ammo very fast. In a stress/combat situation it will be very similar, if you don't have the support of decent sized group with you.
Ex Umbris Venimus
Yeah---that's why LOTS of training is your best bet. All the training scenarios I've participated in you end up going thru lots of ammo because of the adrenaline and lack of control of the situation. Training can help you keep your cool and think alot more rationally when things go south, and keeping your cool equals valuable rounds on target.
 
Top