• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Gold Mtn- 8/15

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Alright Squeaky is ready so lets go wheeling!

Where: Gold Mtn, Big bear

When: Saturday August 15th

Requirements: 33's, skids recommended, sliders recommended

Meetup: Big bear discovery Center 9:30AM, plan to hit the trail around 10

Gold Mtn is a good trail for new guys with lots of different line choices, good scenery and a good way to escape the heat of the desert in the summer months. Depending on our group size and experience we can run another trail after. I was thinking Holcomb creek is a good trail if we have time. If we have a big group and gold mtn takes us all day we will run gold mtn. If we have a small group and finish early we can hit whatever you guys want.

Attendance list:

06 H3- H3
H3hummerlinex- H3
1dirtyH3- H3
White flamingo- H3T
Alrock- H3
Reloader- H3
LagunaH1- H1
Kyle- Jeep TJ
Brian- Jeep TJ
Zach- H2
3hummers- ride along

Possible:
Fish- H2
Bigunit-H3T
 
Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Count me as possible. Gotta button up some stuff next week and fix my service suspension light. Pretty sure it's the left rear sensor.
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
I'm definitely a possible ( is that an oxymoron )

I just mentioned this to the wife and she said lets go :whaa:
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Any other trip I've done I would have one open. Took my buddy to LCC and he is hooked, now my other buddy wants to go lol
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
sorry to hear that Craig. You got rid of the soul?

Heck no! Believe it or not, the Soul is a fun car to drive. No, Ellen needs to use it for a while. She is having to to take care of both of her parents right now. All this combined with all the crap we have endured over the last few months with the passing of my mother and my father having the heart attack. Combine all of that with the over-whelming load I have at work.

To be honest, I may not get on the trails for at least the rest of the year. I am just taking things day-by-day for right now.
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
Sucks Craig, sorry about all the troubles, I had no clue buddy. So sorry about your mom and hope your dad is doing well. He is a cool guy.
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Sorry to hear Craig, didn't know all that. It's hard, been there too many times. Don't have to go wheeling, we can go grab a bite to eat and a coke and talk. You have my number
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Hang in there ,Craig. Sorry to hear about your mom, dad & inlaws. That is a lot to handle but hope your dad is doing better.
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Thanks everyone. I didn't really want to advertise my problems but I needed to let people know why I have not really been involved with the club. This place of full of great people.

Life has been a little harsh for Ellen and myself but we are keeping it together. One day things will settle back down and I will get back out planning and leading runs again.

Wow, just thinking about the last time I went wheeling in Big Bear . . . it was with that other group. I guess it has been a long time!
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Make sure to send a direct invite to some of the previous attendees directly, like JRWid and AAMCO. They tend to get busy and not read the forum much.

AAMCO was already invited. Apparently, he spends a lot of time in San Diego now lol
 
Top