• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 side mirror replacement.

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,843
Location
Bellflower, CA
Who like to pay $250 for a replacement side mirror? I sure don't. After my 3rd mirror decided to run into a rock, I had enough. I looked into a replacement and found that a Wrangler mirror from the 3rd gen looks similar and only cost $50. Upright like ours but more square with a round base. I bought one and had an idea to adapt it to our H3's. My friend 3D printed and adapter and I'm about 80% sure this first draft is going to work. I had to trim the aluminum bracket a bit but 5 minutes on a belt sander and it is done. I already tested the power function and it works, just need to switch wires around for the proper up/down left/right function. I intend to use rivnuts to mount the adapter from the outside so the door panel doesn't have to come off every time I break a mirror.

20261007_174242.jpg

20261007_174254.jpg
 
Top