Hawkeye__8
Active Member
- Messages
- 34
- Location
- Arizona
Hello, let me give you some background before I give you the heap of the problem. I have an '07 Hummer H3 base that Ive had since the summer of '08. She has close to 130,000 miles on it and has towed and made countless trips from Gilbert - Christopher creek Arizona. A few months ago the check engine light turned on, and naturally, we went to AutoZone so they could hook up their device to see what the issue was. Their computer said their was a malfunction with the TCC (Torque Conversion Clutch solenoid). Me and my father decided to change the transmission fluid and filter seems how it was due for a change anyway, we took off the pan and saw some deformed magnet with fine shavings along with many smaller shaving scattered across the bottom of the pan. We inserted the new filter with new fluid and also reset the engine light. About last September the light came on the dash again and it was the same code as before, at about this time we figured were on borrowed time on this transmission anyway and we'd just drive on it. Last weekend we were motivated to look at the pan again after the axle that runs from the Transfer case to the from wheels seal blew. After replacing that part, we decided to do matinence on the truck We rotated the tires, changed the engine oil and filter, changed the transfer case fluid, replaced all spark plugs, and changed out the transmission fluid and filter again. Very time consuming.
Ok now heres my issue. Last night me and a few friends went to go get a bite to eat and were on our way home. I was traveling at a constant speed of around 35 MPH and in my hummer I have to push the gas pedal just a tad to keep it going the same speed. Anyway, we were cruising and i felt the RPM's climb slowly and heard this grinding sound each time i would try to give it some gas. I pulled over as quick as I could and there was a loud grind as i put it in park. Also their was noise when the thing was idling in park. Seems how I was so close to my house I wanted to either push it or drive it back, so I tried the various 4 wheel drive settings. 4HI allowed me to drive it the rest of the way back. It has been sitting ever since..
Any tips on what happened?
Ok now heres my issue. Last night me and a few friends went to go get a bite to eat and were on our way home. I was traveling at a constant speed of around 35 MPH and in my hummer I have to push the gas pedal just a tad to keep it going the same speed. Anyway, we were cruising and i felt the RPM's climb slowly and heard this grinding sound each time i would try to give it some gas. I pulled over as quick as I could and there was a loud grind as i put it in park. Also their was noise when the thing was idling in park. Seems how I was so close to my house I wanted to either push it or drive it back, so I tried the various 4 wheel drive settings. 4HI allowed me to drive it the rest of the way back. It has been sitting ever since..
Any tips on what happened?