• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Land Rover videos

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
[video=youtube;yzEDY7P8Vps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEDY7P8Vps[/video]

[video=youtube;WBjh7jLN6pQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjh7jLN6pQ[/video]

[video=youtube;K_v_1hu-Fuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_v_1hu-Fuo[/video]

[video=youtube;Ig6AZR1czRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig6AZR1czRA[/video]
 

ajk150

Well-Known Member
Messages
196
Location
Haverford, PA
Oh I got loads of good stuff for this thread. Once I have some time I'll go through and post up some sweet videos.

Land Rovers Rule :mock:
 

ArtHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Gaithersburg/MD
Love the Rovers but new ones are just overpriced luxury heavy trucks, destined to be on the very expensive restaurant parking lot. That's a shame, so much potential thous tracks have...

Here is one of my favorite videos of a LR (not counting "Camel Trophy")
[video=youtube_share;QF80q9jmaC0]http://youtu.be/QF80q9jmaC0[/video]
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
Love the Rovers but new ones are just overpriced luxury heavy trucks, destined to be on the very expensive restaurant parking lot. That's a shame, so much potential thous tracks have...

Here is one of my favorite videos of a LR (not counting "Camel Trophy")

I appreciate your comment. Have you driven any Range Rover?
 

Sethmark

Well-Known Member
Messages
230
Location
SC
Land rover. How can you tell if its empty? It stops leaking.

Know why rover owners never wash off the mud? It's plugging the holes in the floor.

Want to put a land rovers lights on? 2 taps of the turn signal, 3 radio on/offs, one beep of the horn.

Horrible cars with horrible owners. I've owned 3. And a business that built bumpers, lift kits and rock sliders for them. Hate rovers.
 

DJinCO

Well-Known Member
Wow Sethmark, how do you really feel?

I test-drove a Disco II back in 2002-2003 and I really liked it. The thing that has kept me away from ownership was 1) reliability and 2) insurance cost (because parts/repair are costly, I guess the insurance company feels the need to gouge the LR owners.) But I digress.

I really find the articulation of the LR very nice and it is a comfortable and capable vehicle. I was looking at a LR3 at the time I purchased the H3. I was irritated by the dealership owner because he never followed up after the test drive, so I delighted in telling him that I purchased a HUMMER vice a LR3.
 
Last edited:

Sethmark

Well-Known Member
Messages
230
Location
SC
I've suffered through more than my share of land rover nonsense. The pre-Bosch years left the cars horribly unreliable with Lucas (prince of darkness) electronics. The aluminum 215 V8 had an awful reputation for blowing head gaskets and slipping iron cylinder liners.

The LR3 and Rangies are somewhat better.... If you can live with over engineered, poorly executed $70k + cars. I had an 08 Rangie Sport briefly that, with 50k miles, thought the doors were open, wouldn't self level and left a stack of lights on at any time.

Bad.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
Sethmark, you are talking about the things happened in the past.

It's not cool to badmouth a car company and the owners of the vehicle on a forum.

Now it's 2013, and people still demand Land Rovers, if Land Rover still make "horrible vehicles" as you described, they should've disappeared on the market already.

I appreciate every car that I have owned so far and the group of people(hard working engineers, designers, etc) who made it.------[2009 H3:I can wheel it like a toy--broke front bushing, front differential, deep scratches all over the body; 2011 Range Rover Sport:comfort and speed + command driving position as LR claims]

You don't get respect by criticizing other people's work. If it lacks perfection, then it needs improvements and nothing else.


 
Last edited:

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
Wow Sethmark, how do you really feel?

I was irritated by the dealership owner because he never followed up after the test drive, so I delighted in telling him that I purchased a HUMMER vice a LR3.

Well, I guess no one can avoid rude people forever.
 
Last edited:

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Messages
1,483
Location
Tallmansville, WV
I don't think he was trying to be personal or bad mouth another company, he's giving his opinion based on his actual experience. I appreciate that and would rather have an honest opinion than just head-swelling comments.

Don't take it so personal, Davidh3, he's not attacking you.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
I don't think he was trying to be personal or bad mouth another company, he's giving his opinion based on his actual experience. I appreciate that and would rather have an honest opinion than just head-swelling comments.

Don't take it so personal, Davidh3, he's not attacking you.

I don't take it so personal as you might think. I'm just saying. Since it's on the internet I won't take it too serious, I just felt I had to say something.

What he said is something happened in the past which doesn't really matter anymore and modified it and shared his very biased complaints to others. How is that not badmouthing?
Land rover. How can you tell if its empty? It stops leaking.

Know why rover owners never wash off the mud? It's plugging the holes in the floor.

Want to put a land rovers lights on? 2 taps of the turn signal, 3 radio on/offs, one beep of the horn.

Horrible cars with horrible owners. I've owned 3. And a business that built bumpers, lift kits and rock sliders for them. Hate rovers.

So, Would you do the same that he did if you hate a certain company's vehicle? Paladine71

Come on, now it's 2013 who really cares about the past.
 
Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
I think it matters because if I was to ever be in the market for one I would want to know what to expect.

People badmouth hummers all the time so I guess we get immune to it...
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
I think it matters because if I was to ever be in the market for one I would want to know what to expect.

People badmouth hummers all the time so I guess we get immune to it...

Haha, 06 H3, I like that word "immune".

Yeah, I used to get pissed off when I saw some people badmouthing HUMMER on YouTube or forums.

I don't know why HUMMER didn't significantly revamp the H2 and H3 in the past even though the same exterior, interior and engine lasted for a long time(at least Alpha engine should be standard on all 2008+ H3s, front & rear lockers should be standard, etc). There is a cycle for a car company to revamp its vehicles, I know Range Rover's cycle is every 4 years(better brake, better headlights, better engine, better looking design. etc). I guess, Had HUMMER revamped H2/H3s significantly, it wouldn't be broke back in 2010. Btw GM still mostly focus on developing Cadillac and Chevrolet. New 2014 Corvette Stingray is badass.


Personally, I don't understand why a person would buy an old vehicle(no factory warranty) which has high mileage. It's unsafe and later on the repair cost can be more than the car itself. I think that kind of old Land Rovers have been savaged already. People tend to get rid of it as soon as they can. It's not common to see that kind of old Land Rovers at dealership. The oldest model year LR I saw at a local dealership is 2006 and it hasn't got picked up by anyone.
I just searched old Land Rovers (1984-2006) on www.autotrader.com and I found only one.
So at least talking about Land Rover, what happened in the past doesn't really matter anymore---most of old Land Rovers are gone completely either at dealership or on the internet.
 
Last edited:

Sethmark

Well-Known Member
Messages
230
Location
SC
My perspective is based on actual experience.... Actual ownership of vehicles and actual management of a company that catered to the vehicle and the person. For the last 30 years, Land Rover has charged a premium for their vehicles. The problems I've described are not unique to me. For an extremely expensive vehicle they need to have their details worked out.... And they don't. Current vehicles are plagued by computer and electrical issues.

Have a look at JD Powers Power Circle Ratings. Rover products are always below average for reliability and average for build quality. Is that acceptable on an $85k car?

I'm not really interested in what's cool. I'm far too old for that. What I'm interested in is what works, what doesn't work and what can be made to work well.

Here's a good comparison of luxury SUVs.
aqutehe4.jpg


Sethmark, you are talking about the things happened in the past.

It's not cool to badmouth a car company and the owners of the vehicle on a forum.

Now it's 2013, and people still demand Land Rovers, if Land Rover still make "horrible vehicles" as you described, they should've disappeared on the market already.

I appreciate every car that I have owned so far and the group of people(hard working engineers, designers, etc) who made it.------[2009 H3:I can wheel it like a toy--broke front bushing, front differential, deep scratches all over the body; 2011 Range Rover Sport:comfort and speed + command driving position as LR claims]

You don't get respect by criticizing other people's work. If it lacks perfection, then it needs improvements and nothing else.


 
Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID


I appreciate every car that I have owned so far and the group of people(hard working engineers, designers, etc) who made it.------[2009 H3:I can wheel it like a toy--broke front bushing, front differential, deep scratches all over the body; 2011 Range Rover Sport:comfort and speed + command driving position as LR claims]



**** breaks and it sounds like you wheeled the H3 more then the rover, which is fine, that's your choice but stuff breaks. Look at sethmarks pics he posted on his welcome thread he broke 1 ton axles. If you wheel stuff will go wrong.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
**** breaks and it sounds like you wheeled the H3 more then the rover, which is fine, that's your choice but stuff breaks. Look at sethmarks pics he posted on his welcome thread he broke 1 ton axles. If you wheel stuff will go wrong.

06 H3, I didn't mean anything bad. I said I wheel H3 like a toy means I enjoyed offroading with H3.

You haven't seen me wheeling and you say "If you wheel stuff will go wrong".
What's wrong with you.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
My perspective is based on actual experience.... Actual ownership of vehicles and actual management of a company that catered to the vehicle and the person. For the last 30 years, Land Rover has charged a premium for their vehicles. The problems I've described are not unique to me. For an extremely expensive vehicle they need to have their details worked out.... And they don't. Current vehicles are plagued by computer and electrical issues.

Have a look at JD Powers Power Circle Ratings. Rover products are always below average for reliability and average for build quality. Is that acceptable on an $85k car?

I'm not really interested in what's cool. I'm far too old for that. What I'm interested in is what works, what doesn't work and what can be made to work well.

Here's a good comparison of luxury SUVs.
aqutehe4.jpg

Well, let's change the word "cool" with "nice" if you didn't understand the meaning of that sentence.

I don't know if that chart is credible or not.

I heard that 05-07 Range Rovers are unreliable too but 10-13 Rovers are nice.

07 ???? hmm that's 6 years ago. 4G network didnt even exist and 07s now worth only around $30, 000. Take a look at 2012-2013 Rovers again and rethink about Land Rovers.

Now almost every car is much more advanced than before. All LED headlights, more aerodynamic, more powerful, more fuel efficient, more luxurious, etc.

If know you are old and can't accept the awesomeness of present vehicles, you are not supposed to share that negative to young people.

By the way, this is a Land Rover Video thread why would you bother leave bad comments here by criticizing Land Rover and the innocent owners, calling them horrible. If you don't like Land Rovers don't even click this thread. So weird.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
06 H3, I didn't mean anything bad. I said I wheel H3 like a toy means I enjoyed offroading with H3.

You haven't seen me wheeling and you say "If you wheel stuff will go wrong".
What's wrong with you.

Your likelihood of breakage and wear is higher if you wheel...
 
Top