• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Miles per tank

Sneakysilver

Well-Known Member
Messages
173
Location
Midlothian Virginia
Ok I just got 167 miles out of 3/4 of my tank. I have 32, on the adventure package. Also I read that the h3 have. 23 gallon tank I only put in 13 gallons when tad below a quarter I don't think this is right. Could my odometer be off since the adventure packedage came with 33s?
 

Sneakysilver

Well-Known Member
Messages
173
Location
Midlothian Virginia
Possible. I never trust the gauges much. Miles per tank is not a measurement I have used.

Well when I did my mile per gallon I got 11, not sure the miles I put on the thread are 100% accurate but I had 11.45 mpg. I have read that people get about 300 some miles out of there tanks. So I'm assuming I have a smaller gas tank than them but does that sound about right? Sorry if this a beginners question I just wanna understand the h3 more.
 

H3slate

Brush raked
Messages
983
Location
Tualatin, Oregon
When trying to figure out your mpg, you should always start with a full tank of gas. Zero out the trip odometer, then check it when you go to fill up again. Always fill the tank. So when you fill your tank you will know how many miles you drove and how many gallons of gas you used to drive those miles.

We all have the same size gas tank, I get about 260 miles from a tank of gas. "A tank" to me is usually filling up at below 1/4 tank and takes about 19 gallons. My avg mpg is 14, but that is with 35's, a full size rack and my speedo has not been adjusted for the increase in tire size.

Your odometer will be slightly off running smaller tires, but it is a small difference between the 32's and 33's.
 

Sneakysilver

Well-Known Member
Messages
173
Location
Midlothian Virginia
When trying to figure out your mpg, you should always start with a full tank of gas. Zero out the trip odometer, then check it when you go to fill up again. Always fill the tank. So when you fill your tank you will know how many miles you drove and how many gallons of gas you used to drive those miles.

We all have the same size gas tank, I get about 260 miles from a tank of gas. "A tank" to me is usually filling up at below 1/4 tank and takes about 19 gallons. My avg mpg is 14, but that is with 35's, a full size rack and my speedo has not been adjusted for the increase in tire size.

Your odometer will be slightly off running smaller tires, but it is a small difference between the 32's and 33's.

That is what I did. I think I just need a tune up ie plugs nor filters etc etc just wanted some input
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,672
Location
Scottsdale
My change from 32s to 33s is about 4.5% so I make that correction to mile miles driven when calculating mpg.

Check the gas tank skid. If severely bent it will affect the capacity though it of course won't affect mpg.

I get 240–280 per tank, filling up with about 18–19 gallons typically
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
Damn I get about 11.5 to 12 on the Alpha now. The 35" tires, front end level, Gobi, lights, under armor, etc dropped me from 14.5-15 mpg down into H1 mpg range.
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
I do roughly 13.5 mpg on the Alpha right now. Mostly city driving. No level or 35s yet.
The I5 does the same but it has 35s and a level. No cat-back
 

Sneakysilver

Well-Known Member
Messages
173
Location
Midlothian Virginia
Well this week/weekend ill get new plugs and change oil and maybe a few other things ill get back to y'all when I fill up again. I rarely drive the h3 due to a company car
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
I've done this a few times from full tank to empty and I was happy to see 300 miles a tank in an H3T base. My bullydog is reset every refill and I get about 14-15 on the street with 32's, I fill up every other week at a quarter of a tank and looks about $75 a fill. Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:

JDstagg

Well-Known Member
Messages
45
Location
Phenix City, Alabama
I have ran mine until the light comes on and I am getting 360-370 a tank. I'm running a Base H3 with no mods. Although I am planning to add a K&N or AFE filter next week or so and possibly a 50 series flowmaster.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Go with the AFE Pro dry filter. I have had one in my T for 3 years and it's as good as knew after you wash/rinse it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint
 

Sneakysilver

Well-Known Member
Messages
173
Location
Midlothian Virginia
Well just a tad about a quarter, and only at 162 miles on the tank. All street miles I'm going to run it down close to E then fill the h3 up and change oil plugs and filters. What oil do y'all recommend, iv always used pens
 

JDstagg

Well-Known Member
Messages
45
Location
Phenix City, Alabama
I'm going to look at the AFE this week and see what I can find around here. I have a big trip up to Virginia coming up and I want to get it on and see what mileage will do.
 

Medic_Morgan

Well-Known Member
Messages
392
Location
San Diego, CA
Recent trip from Reno, NV to home to Fresno, CA. 330miles to my low fuel light and filled w/ 19.345gal (330/19.345= 17.06mpg w/ matching figures on the SG II). This was pretty good for me considering I'm running 315's, TB crank, roof rack w/ lights and snowboard bag on top, paper filter, stock I5 motor, dog in the back annnnd the rear seats dominated by our baby and all our baby bags. :)


Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah
 

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
1,932
Location
Texas
2010 Adventure I5.

In stock form, averaged 17 mpg +/-

Approximately 310-330 miles on 18 gallons

After adding SMA brush guard, 35’s and some other ****, I am averaging 15 mpg +/-.

Approximately 275 miles on 18 gallons

Figured old school (fill it up, zero the miles, run it till gauge hits the red, fill it up again and divide the miles driven by gallons used).
 

Savethereef

Well-Known Member
Messages
179
Location
Long beach ca
I just drove round trip fm Los Angeles To Vegas and I got there with about 15% gas left. I had a full rack with stock tires stock muffler that I stored in pops house in Hesperia. I recently put the rack on the truck and man does it rock in the wind out in the open road.
 
Top