• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Radiator

Chook

Well-Known Member
Messages
706
Location
Brisbane (Australia)
Well I have been a bit nervous lately seeing coolant residue around the cap that I would normally put down to a leaky cap, but noticing all the radiator failures lately decided to pull the pin & go to a full aluminum one for peace of mind. I contacted Ron Davis Racing & they have one in stock for a H3 Automatic at $940 but add the shipping to Australia (& possibility of damage in shipping) I decided to try look around for a local solution. I asked around my Motorsport friends and they recommended Paul Weel Racing. They have a motorsport technical factory around 50 miles south of where I live & they manufacture parts for all forms of racing (F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercar, DTM, WRC, DAKAR, etc.) and they also do factory replacement parts including H3 Radiator http://www.pwr.com.au/portfolio/hummer-car-radiators (Picture below - Not cheap though Pricing for the radiator is $1186 plus gst, including the intank auto trans cooler part number PWR5976-3 (the -3 is for auto) with the manual $89 cheaper) but with these guys making parts for the like of Red Bull Racing etc. I figured it was worth it. With their use in NASCAR/INDY/GRANDAM I see they also make these available in the USA out of North Carolina. Details below: PWR USA Inc

169-2 Gasoline Alley
Mooresville, NC 28117
USA
Enquiries

Phone: +1 704-658-0092
Fax: +1 704-658-0093
Email: Justin Raybourn – Sales Engineer: Justin@pwrusainc.com
Web: http://www.pwrusainc.com
PWR5976-Hummer.jpg
 
Last edited:

Chook

Well-Known Member
Messages
706
Location
Brisbane (Australia)
Ok they said my PWR Radiator is on the production line now, should be ready next week. Are these a DIY fit or should I book it into a garage to fit it ??
 

Chook

Well-Known Member
Messages
706
Location
Brisbane (Australia)
PWR Radiator arrived this week Lug Bottom.jpgLug Mount.jpgMount Front.jpgMount Rear.jpgRear.jpg You have to take the side mounts off the OEM radiator & I had to get 2 more bolts (M8 1.25 x 20mm) as the bottom uses the bolt mount rather than the lug mount
 

Chook

Well-Known Member
Messages
706
Location
Brisbane (Australia)
Here are some shots fitting (note manual says to remove fan but you can remove replace without taking the fan out as the bottom fan shroud rotates to the top) Condenser.jpgEngine.jpgRHS.jpgUnder Shroud 2.jpgFinal Top rear.jpgFitted Top.jpg
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
Nice! Definitely want to see how the rest of the install goes and if everything fits right.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"
 

Chook

Well-Known Member
Messages
706
Location
Brisbane (Australia)
Nice! Definitely want to see how the rest of the install goes and if everything fits right."Ex Umbris Venimus"

Just posted the fitted pictures above. Install went well, only inconvenience was the condenser to radiator bolts because of the mods/accessories I had fitted.
 

Chook

Well-Known Member
Messages
706
Location
Brisbane (Australia)
How much?

Check with your local dealer as these are also made in the USA

PWR USA Inc

169-2 Gasoline Alley
Mooresville, NC 28117
USA
Enquiries

Phone: +1 704-658-0092
Fax: +1 704-658-0093
Email: Justin Raybourn – Sales Engineer: Justin@pwrusainc.com
Web: http://www.pwrusainc.com


Pricing in Australia for the radiator is $1186 plus gst, including the intank auto trans cooler part number PWR5976-3 (the -3 is for auto) with the manual $89 cheaper) but with these guys making parts for the like of Red Bull Racing F1 NASCAR/INDY/GRANDAM etc. I figured it was worth it.

1,186.00 AUD=1,053.99 USD
Australian Dollar↔US Dollar
1 AUD = 0.888689 USD1 USD = 1.12525 AUD
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
Best thing is these guys a literally down the road from me. :) If I wasn't overseas, I'd be there to check it out. I know what I'm doing as soon as I get back home.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"
 

kustomone

Probationary Member
Messages
3
Location
Australia
Good to read I have fitted a turbo kit to my hummer H3 but the temp is getting u to 3/4. did this PRW radiator cool your 4x4 well as im thinking of buying one. ???
 

kustomone

Probationary Member
Messages
3
Location
Australia
pics of turbo kit
 

Attachments

  • 10906350_1102797896402581_2658577041782932842_n.jpg
    10906350_1102797896402581_2658577041782932842_n.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 317
  • 11107465_1102798279735876_7798575998453607441_n.jpg
    11107465_1102798279735876_7798575998453607441_n.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 328
  • 11113961_1102797956402575_6777231903221510447_n.jpg
    11113961_1102797956402575_6777231903221510447_n.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 11141379_1102798019735902_1196858276853696627_n.jpg
    11141379_1102798019735902_1196858276853696627_n.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 11204928_1102798369735867_2213320941101557927_n.jpg
    11204928_1102798369735867_2213320941101557927_n.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 11246370_1102797823069255_8736618507808747967_n.jpg
    11246370_1102797823069255_8736618507808747967_n.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 11295620_1102798326402538_1187748729193782934_n.jpg
    11295620_1102798326402538_1187748729193782934_n.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 11377268_1102798183069219_8392559517553181826_n.jpg
    11377268_1102798183069219_8392559517553181826_n.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 311
Top