• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Photos from the Trail: Rausch Creek November 12, 2011

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
We ended up running with four rigs, which was a great number. We covered a TON of ground, had plenty of different terrain to play with, a bright sunny day, and good company. This run gets an A+ from me.

It was a pleasure meeting you all, and hope to wheel with you all again! :cheers:

Just for the sake of organization, I thought I'd start an official photo thread for the run here so that it can be archived in the Atlantic section. Please feel free to copy your photo posts from the other thread and re-post them here! :thumbs: ...Yes, I'm trying to draw more traffic to the Atlantic section. Caught me. ;)

Here is a group shot...none of them seemed to come out "picturesquely". You all get the idea!!

PICT0237.jpg
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
Here are some of the guys trouble-shooting Kflips' truck at the end of the run...
PICT0243.jpg


Here are Kflips and Dale (our RC guide) working on the fix for the broken brake line. (I was helping by documenting and staying out of the way!!)
PICT0251.jpg


4spdfunk and his wife rolling in the ThorParts-mobile -- talk about advertising!!!
PICT0221-1.jpg
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
This was a deep rutted-out hill climb that looked alot like a dirt half-pipe ramp.
PICT0227.jpg


One by one we went at it...
PICT0223.jpg

PICT0224.jpg

PICT0225.jpg


This rig made it look eaaasy...
PICT0228.jpg


Even the locker-less made the difficult climb!
PICT0226.jpg


I didn't have the coordination to take a shot of myself doing it...but I can assure you I did! ;)
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
Just a pair of handsome trucks...
PICT0246.jpg


This shot just made me laugh... Anyone else thinking of "The 3 Stooges"?
PICT0248.jpg


Poser shot -- I got a few sarcastic words from Jeep guys about my front plate...and a few thumbs up from the big Land Rover group that was there.
PICT0231.jpg
 

kflips

Well-Known Member
Messages
776
Location
Virginia
That work light under the truck got its electricity from a power inverter connected to a quick release connection on the winch mount of my truck. It is a good set up if you need to plug in tools away from a power source.

and I thought I did pretty good making the last 15 or so minutes of the run using low1, neutral, and a few too many land rovers on the trail to stop with no brakes!

PICT0251.jpg

And thanks to Hans for taking me to the auto parts store, staying during the repair, for dinner, and being my wing man for most of the ride back to Virginia.
 
Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
^^ I am just beyond in love with that picture! What a moment to capture! You can even see my third brake light cover that lights up to say "HUMMER" -- I didn't even think it worked!! Too cool. Not to mention the double H3T Alpha Slantbacks!!!

What a picture. :whoa:
 

Hummjay

Wild Thang
Messages
347
Location
Seattle, WA
Nice shots -- what great looking rigs, guys! Looks like y'all had a grand time on a beautiful day. That pic of the 2 slant-backs is so awesome. That's some serious flexing you're doing Hans!! I'm enjoying this thread... MORE! MORE! :corn::corn:
 

Ron46

Capt.
Messages
807
Location
NJ
Great photos :corn: I am going to try to make a run during the summer when I come back from college
 

AbsntMnded

Well-Known Member
Messages
132
Location
Pennsylvania
From the other thread in "Stories from the Trail" section:

"The bracket holding the brake lines stable just above the rear diff broke and then one of the rear metal brake lines broke at the clamp." - kflips

Just too much flexing :giggle: (see above photo)
 

Trekker

That Guy
Messages
217
Location
Olathe, KS
Great pics! I love the look of those H3-T's with the slantback shells! RC looks a lot like the type of wheeling we have here in NE Kansas and Missouri.
 
Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Messages
2,525
Location
Finger Lakes, NY
Great pics and weather.

How & what happened to kflips brake line?
When 4speedfunk was telling me about it, the first thing that came to my mind was his extended shackles and that the hard line had been over extended. I guess kflips will have to chime in and when he does, I hope he posts the pics of the Rancho lifted H3T CJ said he took at the Hampton :).
 
Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
When 4speedfunk was telling me about it, the first thing that came to my mind was his extended shackles and that the hard line had been over extended.
Yes, I think that was the problem.

08SolarFlareH3 said:
...I hope he posts the pics of the Rancho lifted H3T CJ said he took at the Hampton :).

You mean this one? Here is my factory ride height H3T on 33" A/Ts next to the 4" Rancho lifted H3T on 35" M/Ts.

PICT0217-1.jpg


PICT0219-1.jpg


PICT0218-1.jpg
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
It looks like you guys had a blast. Land Rover crowd can be really cool or incredibly snobbish. Depends on the guys that run the show. Most are pretty cool and helpful.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
 

AbsntMnded

Well-Known Member
Messages
132
Location
Pennsylvania
A few more...

I just want to say about this video.... I got very stuck in this mud hole in April and took on water inside. I was not planning on doing it again...ever... until Hans did it without hesitation. This will explain my stupid voice on the video. :roll: "Now I have to do it." :giggle:

[video=youtube;otm6qO6sRQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otm6qO6sRQo[/video]

DSC_0158.jpg


DSC_0037.jpg


DSC_0008.jpg
 
Top