• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rotors

USMC_TOP

Well-Known Member
Messages
491
Location
Muir Michigan
Brand name= Chrome. Have any of you used these before and if yes how did you like them? Found them on eBay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Best4x4

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,042
Location
Vidor, TX
I used power stop stuff on my Alpha stops much better than OEM. Of coarse they're zinc coated, cross drilled & slotted which a lot of people dislike, but from my experience with heavy SUV's they improve braking and keep the rotors from warping due to excessive heat. I paid like 229.00 shipped with ceramic pads. It was like 50-75 more vs auto zone's cheap stuff.
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,835
Location
Bellflower, CA
Never heard of them before. But I would be a little more cautious if eBay is their primary selling platform. When it comes to safety related devices I stay with proven name brand equipment, EBC, Hawk, etc... I couldn't find them, can you post the link?
 

USMC_TOP

Well-Known Member
Messages
491
Location
Muir Michigan
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412555148.197709.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

SuperBuickGuy

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,403
Location
Woodinville, WA
there's some jackoff on ebay selling drilled/slotted rotors for cheap - mostly he's buying the parts from Summit on his mechanic discount reselling them to you through ebay at a discount.... to say they take forever to get to you would be an understatement.... and as my jackoff comment started this, I hold him in very dim regard.

For that price, get the part number and price check (or even better) price match through Summit. You'll save money, time, aggravation and be able to return the parts easily if they don't fit.
 

USMC_TOP

Well-Known Member
Messages
491
Location
Muir Michigan
GM parts are fine. I am looking for a little more stopping power that's why I'm going with the EBC parts. But no never buy cheep breaks or suspension components, tires or washer fluid..............:)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,835
Location
Bellflower, CA
GM parts are fine. I am looking for a little more stopping power that's why I'm going with the EBC parts. But no never buy cheep breaks or suspension components, tires or washer fluid..............:)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....or air your tires at a gas station. They use cheap air.
 

K0PIR

Well-Known Member
Messages
216
Location
Pierre, SD
ACDelco

Is there anything wrong with buying these? http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-18A17...-9--8-8962------4-0&sr=1-7&ymm=2009:hummer:h3

or these?https://www.autopartstomorrow.com/ProductDetails/18A1776-ACD/37

What is the difference between these pads? http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-14D11...-9--8-8962------4-0&sr=1-3&ymm=2009:hummer:h3

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-17D11...-9--8-8962------4-0&sr=1-4&ymm=2009:hummer:h3


Around $100 for new front rotors and pads sounds like a deal to me... but then again thats not an area where one should really cheap out on...

From what I've read all over the net, one of things GM got right on the H3 was the brakes. When mine finally wear down I'll replace them with the same.

Good question on those pads. I can't tell the difference other than the price. There must be something to it.:huh:
 
Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Well-Known Member
Messages
862
Location
United States
From what I've read all over the net, one of things GM got right on the H3 was the brakes. When mine finally wear down I'll replace them with the same.

Good question on those pads. I can't tell the difference other than the price. There must be something to it.:huh:

Yeah they have different part numbers. I kinda want to know if there is any real world difference.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Thus is the time of year that it's recommended to switch out the summer air in your tires with winter air.
 
Top