• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

So, does the new SeaFoam with the straw for the intake work?

Happy Hummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,462
Location
Wisconsin
Thinking about doing the SeaFoam with the straw that goes directly into the intake and you run the engine till the can is empty. Turn off. Let bake for 10-20 min. and then run engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13mdzvRLiQ

My question is:
Has anyone actually used this product to satisfactory results?:emb:
(please do not share your "I use seafoam in the tank, oil, pour it down my carb, etc. ... lol!):mock:

I've only seen videos of this product being used, not actual real world people talking about results.

The MAF, TB have been cleaned numerous times but I'd like to try an entire cleaning.
 

humbleag

Member
Messages
22
Location
College Station Texas
When I bought my 2010 a couple of years ago with 183k miles, I had numerous random misfires, sometimes would throw a code, often not. When I monitored for misfires, most were on cylinder 5 or 3, but replacing plugs and swapping coils didn't take care of it. I did the induction cleaning with the Seafoam product and it took care of it. No more misfires, I occasionally hook up the reader to check and zero on all cylinders. I'm a believer. Not too hard to do, just have to disconnect the air intake and put the straw in.

Note that I'd already cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor prior to that and still had misfires. My guess is that valves were sticking and this product took care of it.
 
Top