• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Search results

  1. cgalpha08

    Hummer EV supercharging?

    Congrats Chris!
  2. cgalpha08

    PHR 2002 Hummer H1 Open Top Restoration.

    Looks fantastic Jacob!
  3. cgalpha08

    WTS KMC Tank beadlocks 17x9, 6 on 5.5

    I have 5 KMC tank beadlocks for sale, black 17x9 -12 offset (i believe) 6x5.5 bolt pattern They all have rash on the rock rings, 5th one has less as it was the spare. I bought them used for a project, however I am now going 8 lug and have no need for these. $1800 obo. Located in Indianapolis...
  4. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Made some progress on clearancing the coilover mount and lower link setup. The shaded area is the space the bottom eyelet takes up. I then cut along the diagonal lines. here it is compared to the unmodified one: This is full droop. I also realized after the fact that I failed to take into...
  5. cgalpha08

    Wow, I got a lesson in LS lifter failures!

    Sorry to hear that Alex, ive got the predecessor engine, the 6.2 L86 in mine and luckily only goes down to 4 cylinders, i am considering getting one of those cheap AFM disablers since i already have 104k on it
  6. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Got some more work done. Tested my link/coikover combo. Unfortunately before I get to full droop it hits. And yes i need longer links as these are maxed out. Thinking of chopping the bottom off and seeing if that gives me more clearance. On another note, I took apart the hubs and drums on my...
  7. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    lowly working through the lower link mount placement. The struggle is not the width but how to package the link and coilover location. I am trying to avoid cutting into the fender, and at the same time keep the ride height low while still having 4-ish inches of uptravel. I've been experimenting...
  8. cgalpha08

    2024 Black Sheep Week, Hurricane, UT - Mar 31-Apr 5

    Alex, count us in!
  9. cgalpha08

    H2 7.3 diesel

    Nice! any details on the solid axle swap as well?
  10. cgalpha08

    Frame metal gauge?

    IIRC its 1/8", some parts of it are double thickness though, where its folded over.
  11. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Good thinking! I had definitely just randomly tossed it on there, ill cycle it in various places to see what inevitably hits.
  12. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    I have made some more progress. Got the rest of the kingpin components install as well as the knuckles and steering arms from solid axle industries. I also tacked on the trackbar bracket and used some PVC to start finding full bump and seeing how the angles look. So far its ok, however i have a...
  13. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Next step I took was beginning to rebuild the axle. On GM dana 60s, the kingpin has to be torqued to 500-600 ftlbs, which is dumb tight. I used a 3/4 breaker barx 7/8 allen impact and a torque meter adapter from harbor freight. IMO got it close enough and called it good. Slapped some red loctite...
  14. cgalpha08

    Sand Hollow sneak peak

    Looks like an amazing time! I'm down for either/or next year, we're coming regardless!
  15. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Awhile back I had dropped off the front axle with the local gear shop. Picked it up today with an eaton E-locker and yukon 5.38 gears installed. Unfortunately for the rear, nobody makes an e locker and arb is out of the question. I'll have to figure out some sort of resistor to attach to the oem...
  16. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Slowly marching forward. Got the old brackets cleaned off of the frame rails. Also dropped the front axle off with the local gear installer, should hopefully be done soon. Had some time and also installed some underwood KC cyclone lights, these are on magnets so you have some flexibility on...
  17. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    The coilovers have also arrived. I got these from accutune offroad. Fox 2.5 inch ×12 inch travel. You tell accutune your suspension setup, weight, driving style etc and they custom tune them and recommend a spring rate for you. They sent a pair of 250lb and 325lb springs, which I can swap out as...
  18. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Started working on cleaning up the dana 60 front axle. Slowly but surely grinding away at the axle. The old brackets are all removed. Kingpin lower bearing race and seal are out, still need to remove the upper. It's Slowly looking like a clean axle
  19. cgalpha08

    Future Moab development

    Ive only been to moab twice, loved it each time. I had kinda hoped as the world returned to normal, the outdoor craze would die down some. I realize the town needs economic development to survive but lets face is, more humans just encroaches on the wild beauty that is there, part of the appeal...
  20. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Not too much of an update. I did remove the dana 44 and the 10b, which have been sold to a good home. The h3 is now on jackstands for awhile while I slowly work on her. Parts have been slowly rolling in. I hope to have her on the ground by the end of summer.
Top