• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Performance Mods?

Airborne

Just a regular dude
Messages
294
Location
Utah
attachment.php

thats really bad. I dont want to upgrade to an alpha so much now....
 

Attachments

  • hummer mpg.jpg
    hummer mpg.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 476

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
attachment.php

thats really bad. I dont want to upgrade to an alpha so much now....

Get the hell out of here bro, how are you pulling off those number lol...before 35 and leveling I was getting 300-295+ miles per full tank now I'm lucky to get 190 at 3/4 of a tank If just doing city driving.


Torres
 

derian06

Red Rockett
Messages
1,866
Location
Madison, AL
Get the hell out of here bro, how are you pulling off those number lol...before 35 and leveling I was getting 300-295+ miles per full tank now I'm lucky to get 190 at 3/4 of a tank If just doing city driving.


Torres

I've never seen numbers like that, in my I5 I was getting like 14 maybe. I think 13.02 was my last tank before It was totaled.
 

Airborne

Just a regular dude
Messages
294
Location
Utah
Get the hell out of here bro, how are you pulling off those number lol...before 35 and leveling I was getting 300-295+ miles per full tank now I'm lucky to get 190 at 3/4 of a tank If just doing city driving.


Torres

Ya I promise those numbers are legit. I get over 400 miles out of a tank. I try not to get down to 1/8th tank unless I am doing a fuel treatment so I am not sure the "exact" full tank to zero numbers. As far as the how, check my sig that is everything I have done. I don't always have all the ucp and rock rails on when I am mall crawling though so that saves prob close to 400 lbs in dead weight.
I also run 4.5 quarts 0w-20 redline full synthetic oil, 1 quart amsoil 5w-30 and a can of ceratec. Lighter oil resists less which means less fuel is needed to get pistons moving etc. Before we start a huge fight. I know 5w-30 is what GM recomends. I ran amsoil 5w-30 exclusively before but now I am convinced the redline is the way to go. There is an entire forum dedicated to oil on the net see there for oil arguments :)
A real legit tune helps too. The "canned" tunes from various people only get you close, they cant really take into effect your driving habits and terrain differences. For the guys that want real performance get hptuners and tune your self. It's not hard.
I opened a thread a while back when I was seriously looking for an alpha, I test drove a bunch and was underwhelmed in the power difference between what I have done to my I5 and a stock alpha. I could easily pull on a stock Alpha right now. That being said a modified alpha would be a different matter.
but....
If you are getting 12 mpg with an alpha I am going to consider getting an H2 now.
There is a sick SUT here that just went up for sale...
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Ya I promise those numbers are legit. I get over 400 miles out of a tank. I try not to get down to 1/8th tank unless I am doing a fuel treatment so I am not sure the "exact" full tank to zero numbers. As far as the how, check my sig that is everything I have done. I don't always have all the ucp and rock rails on when I am mall crawling though so that saves prob close to 400 lbs in dead weight.
I also run 4.5 quarts 0w-20 redline full synthetic oil, 1 quart amsoil 5w-30 and a can of ceratec. Lighter oil resists less which means less fuel is needed to get pistons moving etc. Before we start a huge fight. I know 5w-30 is what GM recomends. I ran amsoil 5w-30 exclusively before but now I am convinced the redline is the way to go. There is an entire forum dedicated to oil on the net see there for oil arguments :)
A real legit tune helps too. The "canned" tunes from various people only get you close, they cant really take into effect your driving habits and terrain differences. For the guys that want real performance get hptuners and tune your self. It's not hard.
I opened a thread a while back when I was seriously looking for an alpha, I test drove a bunch and was underwhelmed in the power difference between what I have done to my I5 and a stock alpha. I could easily pull on a stock Alpha right now. That being said a modified alpha would be a different matter.
but....
If you are getting 12 mpg with an alpha I am going to consider getting an H2 now.
There is a sick SUT here that just went up for sale...
I do 12 mpg atm and thats with the current 125+ weather. Mileage was better in cooler weather. I have 35s, aftermarket wheels, body lift, leveled and a 40" led bar on the roof. Also sliders on the sides. before the body lift and Led bar I was doing 13 mpg.
 

BW_Hummer H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,089
Location
Texas
I've never got more than 260 miles out of one tank while driving like a grandma.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
 

derian06

Red Rockett
Messages
1,866
Location
Madison, AL
Ya I promise those numbers are legit. I get over 400 miles out of a tank. I try not to get down to 1/8th tank unless I am doing a fuel treatment so I am not sure the "exact" full tank to zero numbers. As far as the how, check my sig that is everything I have done. I don't always have all the ucp and rock rails on when I am mall crawling though so that saves prob close to 400 lbs in dead weight.
I also run 4.5 quarts 0w-20 redline full synthetic oil, 1 quart amsoil 5w-30 and a can of ceratec. Lighter oil resists less which means less fuel is needed to get pistons moving etc. Before we start a huge fight. I know 5w-30 is what GM recomends. I ran amsoil 5w-30 exclusively before but now I am convinced the redline is the way to go. There is an entire forum dedicated to oil on the net see there for oil arguments :)
A real legit tune helps too. The "canned" tunes from various people only get you close, they cant really take into effect your driving habits and terrain differences. For the guys that want real performance get hptuners and tune your self. It's not hard.
I opened a thread a while back when I was seriously looking for an alpha, I test drove a bunch and was underwhelmed in the power difference between what I have done to my I5 and a stock alpha. I could easily pull on a stock Alpha right now. That being said a modified alpha would be a different matter.
but....
If you are getting 12 mpg with an alpha I am going to consider getting an H2 now.
There is a sick SUT here that just went up for sale...

Stock is 13 so 12 with 35's, leveled, and a light bar really isnt that bad. An H2's city is like 8mpg if i'm correct. Also thats without the 8% difference from the speedo.
 
Last edited:

Best4x4

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,042
Location
Vidor, TX
U can get that winch for 299.00 when it's on sale or via a coupon. Not a bad winch, it's basically a Milemarker winch. Line speed isn't great, but it'll work. They also offer a wireless remote setup for 30.00.
 
Last edited:

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
I almost bought that winch using a coupon seem pretty nice to give it a shot for the price...only reason I didn't bought it was because I have no winch mount...so what good was going to do in the box as well what how would I test it to see if it didn't came broken or with defect.


Torres
 

Best4x4

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,042
Location
Vidor, TX
If u can't afford a front winch mount the basket hitch winch mounts can be bought pretty cheap. Power cables would be the only issue.
 
Top