• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Search results

  1. cgalpha08

    06 H3's Squeakin H3 Build

    Been following this build since it was first put out there 15 years ago, been a huge inspiration for myself. Cant wait to see what you do if you end up with a buggy, might be a path I follow down the road as well.
  2. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    I'm following! Interested to see where you take this!
  3. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    I do a fair bit yes. Idk much about the j8 axles or the differences between all of the jk/jl axles so I'm afraid I'm not much help there. You can probably find a set of ford super duty axles locally for cheap
  4. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    I've had both. Thorparts did my first sas with the dana 44 front and stock rear. I then upgraded to a dana 60 and 14b. So I've had both setups.
  5. cgalpha08

    Is it possible to install a 4l80 transmission in my 07 H-3 with the 3.7 engine?

    No problem. Yea it's just comes down to, which headache do you want to try and fix/deal with. Anything is possible with the right amount of $ haha
  6. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    I'm telling ya, just go the d60 route. For what it's worth, I'm on a dana 60 in the front and 14b in the rear and I stick out....2-3 inches on each side.
  7. cgalpha08

    Is it possible to install a 4l80 transmission in my 07 H-3 with the 3.7 engine?

    4l80 is physically bigger, bell housing is bigger and it's longer over all by like an inch or so, and heavier. The 4l60e also has a 27 spline output shaft and the 4l80 has a 32 spline. So you'll have to figure out how to mate it to the factory transfer case or go with an aftermarket transfer...
  8. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    Are you doing the sas yourself or a shop? The rear is easy. Couple of leaf spring perches and shock mounts and done. Is way easier than the front. Are you going coils, coilovers, or leafs up front?
  9. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    Only one way to find out if it works! The speed sensor is in the t-case on the H3 and i dont know what the relationship/communication between the abs sensor and speed sensor is when it comes to the computer and electronics, im sure its stuff you can mess with in hp tuners. are you trying to...
  10. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    One thing to consider with the JK or JL axles is their use of unit bearings in the front, with respect to abs. The H3 computer is 55 tooth, Jk tone rings are 52 tooth, and the tone ring is internal to the wheel bearing assembly. This would make converting to 55 tooth difficult. Now, what i don't...
  11. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    I'm sure others will agree, but 5-600 hp with the already large tires the h3 has....i would seriously consider dana 60/one tons axles, i think you'll be happier long term. Gm dana 44 wms is 67.5". Stock rear is similar slightly narrower i think. Thorparts machines down the hub and presses on...
  12. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    Side note. For pricing. You csn start with a few hunded dollar junkard housing, but gears/locker only...1500 easy. Chromoly axle shafts...800 or more, add a few hundred more to rebuild all of the wheel end stuff. Typical sas costs are around 10k for dana 44/stock rear, 15-20k for swapping both...
  13. cgalpha08

    Pickle's Solid Axle Swap

    Heck yea, SAS! What's your main goal, just driving it around and mild offroading or getting into hardcore stuff? I only ask because, if it's more hardcore, just skip to one tons/dana 60 stuff right off the bat. I know you mentioned driver drop, however if you stay pass drop the gm dana 44 or...
  14. cgalpha08

    Do you want a 2025 Black Sheep shirt?

    Ill take 2 also
  15. cgalpha08

    Year in Review

    Ill contribute mine. Completed my own version of the SAS. Swapped the D44 and the OEM rear for one tons, Dana 60 and 14b. Also changed from coils to coilovers in the front. Learned a ton in the process about fabrication, suspension geometry etc. Lots of late nights in the garage. Somehow my...
  16. cgalpha08

    2024 Suspension options available?

    Firestone kit is a popular one with the daystar cradle, you have to leave the bag un connected on one end so you can still flex the truck. I have air lift on my daily, no issues
  17. cgalpha08

    Transfer Case that will accept 32 spline of 6L80

    Need @06 H3 and @EndeavoredH3 to chime in here as they have dealt with 6 speed swaps. You can get these transfer cases to work with a 6 speed with no recutting of the output shaft as they are passenger drop Atlas transfer case NP205 transfer case But those require levers or cables to shift...
  18. cgalpha08

    Little maintenance

    Yea shop is going to moan and whine about the bend in the tie rod. If there is enough clearance, you can probably do a full rotation, but the you have to pick "am i ok with a little toe in or tow out". My track bar on my sas has a bend, and to adjust it i have to pull the tires, put the frame...
  19. cgalpha08

    Front differential conversion

    I would definitely try and reinforce the frame if you go to coilovers. When we do SAS we plate the frame, basically from the front body mount all the way to the rear of the front wheel well. With coilovers all of the load is now going to be up there vs spread out to the back with the T bars.
Top