• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 on 40's.

h3 on40s

Active Member
Messages
27
Location
Delaware
I keep it in 3rd but I cruise 70-85 with no prob the only complaint I have is climbing in it the morn when im half asleep
 

derian06

Red Rockett
Messages
1,866
Location
Madison, AL
My 5-cyl/AT H3 does good with 5.13s and 37"s....70mph at 2500rpm.

I could probably go up to 40"s but I actually think I might go back down to 35"s on the next build. IMO...37"s seem to be the practical limit. Anything more is overkill, at least on my rig. Running 40"s on a stock 4.56 geared IFS has got to be downright painful to drive. Does it ever shift into fourth gear?

5.13's? How did you do that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
I talked with H3 on 40 and got some really nice info about his build I'm going to do the 2 inch body lift like he has and move to 38's once my 35's wear out.


"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-
 

h3 on40s

Active Member
Messages
27
Location
Delaware
I can drive in od but hills have me shifting in and out. Man I have no prob with my truck. I love it. I wish yall could drive it I might change some minds
 
S

SedonaBound

Guest
Hate to be the turd in the punchbowl, but IMO driving on the street with 40s is asking for trouble. Everything that makes for good control on the road is compromised.
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
Speedy I think only Irok makes a 37 that can fit stock H3 wheels. There was one other but I don't recall anymore...

Posted via Integrated Brain Wave Chip
 

h3 on40s

Active Member
Messages
27
Location
Delaware
Yes Thierry r 37 that will fit ur stock rims. Super swappers has several but there r others. Google 37x12.50x16 and u will find them. Pricey though. The day star h3t has them.
 

h3 on40s

Active Member
Messages
27
Location
Delaware
Their r some good videos of the Day star h3t on some fairly nasty rocks and it is just leveled with 1 in bl and 37s on stock rims. Obviously our suspension isn't as strong as a solid so we just need to take it slow and easy
 

h3 on40s

Active Member
Messages
27
Location
Delaware
I drove 2years on 37s with th crank and 1 in bl but in my case I just need to have another truck to pull me out IF the mud get to deep. Sorry no pics but I have found holes that swallowed me up. Frame deep
 
Top