S
SedonaBound
Guest
Yep. I recall a GM high performance cat-back exhaust being offered (rare) and I think Borla made one too, but I've never seen headers for either H3 engine.a set of extractors make a difference
Yep. I recall a GM high performance cat-back exhaust being offered (rare) and I think Borla made one too, but I've never seen headers for either H3 engine.a set of extractors make a difference
The borla cat back IS the GM Performance cat back. I bought mine direct from borla and they shipped with GM Performance stamped on it. They still have 1 or 2 available for clearance!Yep. I recall a GM high performance cat-back exhaust being offered (rare) and I think Borla made one too, but I've never seen headers for either H3 engine.
What kind of improvement did you get? Too bad there's no YouTube of the sound of the Borla on a 5.3. (Hint!)The borla cat back IS the GM Performance cat back. I bought mine direct from borla and they shipped with GM Performance stamped on it. They still have 1 or 2 available for clearance!
I wont be able to upload a vid for a while, but basically it sounds abit louder. Inside the cab there is no drone, outside, it lets ppl know you have a V8.What kind of improvement did you get? Too bad there's no YouTube of the sound of the Borla on a 5.3. (Hint!)
I Agree with your son on loudness! Its nice increase in performance but the rumble is abit lacking!I have the GM Perf catback too. Nice bit of rumble but I think my son wants it louder lol.
Do you think that is what improved yor power and mileage?
That's pretty terrible. 3/4 tank mark is about 7 gallons used. 1/2 tank mark is right at 12 gallons used, so you should be at at least 160-170 miles by that point.
You need to check your speedo against a GPS and adjust your driving style.
And to think you almost fell for that snake oil salesman that said you could get 18-24 mpg from a 6.0.
![]()
This plus 2.1 miles not too bad!![]()
Sounds like BG 44 treatment. You can buy BG 44, but the closed system treatment by shops is far more effective for cleaning crud off the throttle body and mass air sensor than putting it in your gas.I think it was SP something, i had a shop do it thinking it was something special, it turns out it was the 20$ kit you can buy at autozone. They dump it in your fuel and then hook up a can with a hose to this port on your throttle body and it slowly gets sprayed in i'm guessing. i wish I could be more specific, but thats all I can remember.
This plus 2.1 miles not too bad!![]()